RD Web 2022
Web Based Active Directory Management Tool
Installation Guide for AD Web
- IIS Server
- .Net Core runtime 7.0 or higher (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/core/host-and-deploy/iis/hosting-bundle?view=aspnetcore-8.0)
- SQL Server or SQL Express version
- Admin or power user credentials of your first AD Domain
Unzip the package you have downloaded and get ready.
Create SQL Database:
- Create a new database in your SQL server. Name it as anything. Ex: ADWeb
- Check if you the user you will be using connect has proper permission (read/write/update) on the database.
Install Web Application in IIS:
- Create a new website in IIS. (You may also place it under an existing website in root or inside a folder or show.)
- Edit the application pool of your website and make sure No Managed Code is selected under .Net CLR Versions.
- Now copy the files under Web directory from the install package and paste it under the root directory of your website/webapp.
- Now right click on the ADWebApi and Click Convert to Application.
That’s all the installation is over.
Initialize AD Web:
- Now run your web application in browser (ex:https://adweb.contabo.com)
- If you have done above steps properly then it will lead you to setup page as shown below. (Ex: https://adweb.contabo.com/setup)
- Enter your database details.
- You can use either windows or SQL auth.
- If connection is good then you will be led to next screen.
- Enter your AD primary domain details.
- Once AD connection is good you will be led to admin group configuration screen.
- Update your preferred admin groups and that’s it.
- Move on to landing page and start working on it.
That’s all!! Enjoy the Product!!