Windows Server 2022 – Installing Remote Desktop Web Client
The RDS Web Client is a Web Based HTML5 client that comes as add-on for the Remote Desktop Web Services. The Web Client Version was introduced with Windows 2016 server. Although it is been shipped with Windows Servers we need to install it using powershell. It is not available as a role with Remote Desktop Services where it is an add-on that we need to install using Powershell with few commands. Let us start installing Remote Desktop Web Client 2022 on Windows Server 2022.
Deploy Remote Desktop Web Client
- In your RD Web Access server open Powershell with administrative access (Run as Administrator). Then go ahead with the commands one by one.
- Update the PowerShellGet module
Install-Module -Name PowerShellGet –Force
- Restart your powershell to take this update effect.
- Run the below command which will install Remote Desktop web client management
Install-Module -Name RDWebClientManagement
- And you need to accept the License Terms. Type Y and press enter.
- You now need to configure the SSL certificate that has been used in your RD Connection Broker server.
7.Import-RDWebClientBrokerCert<.cer file path>
- Run below cmdlet to publish your Remote Desktop Web Client.
9.Publish-RDWebClientPackage -Type Production –Latest
We are done now.
Just type ‘webclient’ after ‘/RDWeb/’ and you can see your amazing HTML5 web client for your RD Web Access. Example like the below URL,
If you want to deploy as a test you can do it with changing the type to test on the publish cmdlet.
Publish-RDWebClientPackage -Type Test –Latest
And you can access like the example URL below.
Remote Desktop Web Client Login screen:
Remote Desktop Web Client After Login screen:
The Web Client works really cool if you have configured properly and your browser has HTML5 support. Note, most popular browsers have support with HTML5 hence no worries. If you click published Apps they are launched within the browser window with choice of full screen option.
Would like to read more about MS Remote Desktop customization? Click Here >>